History Live festival in Stirling - 29 September to 1 October 2017
History Live is a three-day festival presented by Historic Environment Scotland and celebrating Scotland's past through talks, tours, drama and workshops.
Beginning with an opening concert at Church of the Holy Rude, the History Live programme brings together dozens of events for people of all ages, celebrating the history of Scotland and exploring the country's past.
Among the programme highlights are:
- A tour of Deanstown distillery - with an Outlander twist (29 Sep)
- Stirling's oldest cemetery in its prehistoric context (29 Sep)
- Gruesome games for modern-day warriors (30 Sep and 1 Oct)
- Piece together your Scottish ancestry (30 Sep)
- History essay writing workshop (1 Oct)
New for this year is the chance to learn Gaelic Jacobite songs from a renowned Gaelic singer and Outlander bard, as shown on this video:
Download the full History Live programme from the Historic Environment Scotland website.
(image copyright RFARKAS)