Mary Queen of Scots magazine – follow Mary from childhood to her tragic end
History Scotland’s 48-page limited edition Mary Queen of Scots magazine explores various aspects of Mary’s life including her childhood, marriages, queenship and relationship with Elizabeth I.
We have commissioned an international panel of contributors to tell Mary’s story, looking at key moments in her life, her relationships with those around her and the story of her imprisonment and execution.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Mary and John Knox – Professor Jane Dawson, University of Edinburgh
- A mother and her son: Mary and James VI – Professor Carole Levin, University of Nebraska
- The Rough Wooing: the marriage that never was – Dr Amy Blakeway, University of Kent
- Imprisoned in her own capital – Dr Lucinda Dean, University of the Highlands & Islands
- The current state of scholarship – Dr Anna Groundwater, University of Edinburgh
- What if… Five pivotal points that could have changed history – Dr Katy Jack, University of Stirling
- The four Marys – Dr Mickey Mayhew, author and historian
- Two queens in one isle: Mary and Elizabeth I – Dr Estelle Paranque, New College of the Humanities
About the magazine
Discover the real story of Mary Queen of Scots with this limited edition souvenir magazine which explores the history behind the woman who became queen at six days old, was widowed at eighteen and went on to become one of Scotland’s most beguiling yet controversial monarchs.
Written by an expert team with a passion for the past, Mary Queen of Scots not only explores the story behind the new Mary Queen of Scots movie from Universal Pictures but also looks at the real-life Mary and the challenging and dangerous situations with which she was faced during her reign and subsequent nineteen-year imprisonment.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY...
(image copyright Focus Features, all rights reserved)