Outlander map from VisitScotland updated with new season 3 locations around Scotland
New filming locations in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ayrshire have been added to VisitScotland's Outlander tourist map, which guides fans of the time travel TV series around historic sites featured on the show.
The Outlander-inspired tour was organised by travel agents Spirit Journeys in partnership with popular US-based fan podcast, The Outlander Podcast. 28 Outlander fans recently toured locations across Scotland used in the show, and sites linked to the real history of the Jacobites.
The new locations for Season Three of Outlander are:
- Glasgow University – doubles as Harvard University
- Craigmillar Castle, Edinburgh – plays the role of Ardsmuir Prison
- Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow – doubles as a Boston park
- Signet Library, Edinburgh – was transformed into the interior of the Governor’s Mansion in Jamaica
- Bakehouse Close, Royal Mile, Edinburgh – is the setting for Jamie’s print shop
- Tweeddale Court, Royal Mile, Edinburgh – featured as the market place where Claire reunites with Fergus
- Dunure Harbour, Ayrshire – stands in for Ayr Harbour
Locations already on the map that feature again in the third season are Gosford House and Hopetoun House.
Vincent Guérin, Director at The WS Society, owners and operators of the Signet Library, said: “Hosting the Outlander television production was very appropriate for the Signet Library, the building being home to the Writers to the Signet, a uniquely Scottish category of lawyer whose name comes from the sovereign’s seal in Scotland used since at least the 14th century.
“Outlander's character Ned Gowan is a lapsed Writer to the Signet, or WS, so even though in the series Lord John Grey was hosting his guests at a governor's ball, for us it felt like Ned Gowan WS was indeed throwing the party.”
Outlander is produced by Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining and Supply Company, and Left Bank Pictures, in association with Sony Pictures Television. Outlander is available in the UK on Amazon Prime Video. Season 2 will be coming to More4.
Download the Outlander filming locations map
The map, which features more than 36 Scottish locations used in the hit show, is free to download at VisitScotland and a printed version will be available in select VisitScotland iCentres and featured locations.
(image copyright VisitScotland/Colin Hattersley)