03 September 2020
Enjoy a full month of exploring Scotland's history, heritage and culture with our week-by-week festival programme.
Celebrate Scotland virtual festival (28 August-25 September) is a celebration of clans, history books, Scottish goods and visitor attractions.
The full programme is outlined below and as each day arrives, you'll be able to click the link to read the content/watch the video/listen to the podcast.
Don't forget to come back every day for the latest content! Everything is free of charge to enjoy!
WEEK 1: 28 Aug-4 Sep
- 28 August: Explore Scotland your way - we talk to VisitScotland about how people can best enjoy travel in the current climate. Available here.
- 29 August: Culloden podcast from National Trust for Scotland. Available here.
- 30 August: Top 5 recommended autumn reads: expert recommendations from The Forest Bookstore Available here.
- 31 August: 5 ways to find your criminal ancestors. Available here.
- 1 September: A year in the life of a Highland Games organiser. Available here.
- 2 September: Why join a clan society? Available here.
- 3 September: Exclusive Scotland Shop video: interview with Linda Frazier, secretary of the St Andrew Society of Tallahassee, Florida. Available here.
- 4 September: An introduction to Clan Moffat. Available here.
WEEK 2: 5-11 Sep
- 5 September: What tartan can I wear? Available here.
- 6 September: See Edinburgh Castle in amazing 3D Available here.
- 7 September: Clan MacEwen spotlight. Available here.
- 8 September: 10 travel books you have to read. Available here.
- 10 September: NTS video - Branklyn gardens. Available here.
- 11 September: Expert advice on choosing a perfect gift. Available here.
WEEK 3: 12-19 Sep
- 12 September: Clan Lamont spotlight. Available here.
- 13 September: Highlights of the South West Coast 300. Available here.
- 14 September: NTS story - the last summer on St Kilda. Available here.
- 15 September: 'A day in the life' lighthouse interview. Available here.
- 16 September: NTS video 15-min guide to Aberdeenshire. Available here.
- 17 September: British Library Publishing - behind the scenes. Available here.
- 18 September: Recommended reads for September from Mainstreet Bookshop. Available here.
- 19 September: National Trust for Scotland video - Brodie Castle. Available here.
WEEK 4: 20-25 Sep
REGISTER FOR THE HISTORY SCOTLAND NEWSLETTER FOR THE LATEST NEWS, EXCLUSIVE ARTICLES AND GREAT HISTORY READS. JOIN HERE!
- 20 September: The best places to see autumn colour. Available here.
- 22 September: NTS video - puffin walk. Available here.
- 24 September: Archaeology podcast from National Trust for Scotland
- 25 September: Scotland's best gardens from NTS