27 February 2020
The ten most dog-friendly properties cared for heritage organisation National Trust for Scotland have been revealed, with Balmacara Square in the Highlands taking the number one spot.
The study, by Petlandia took a list of dog-friendly National Trust properties across Scotland and scored them based on a series of doggy criteria points i.e. off-lead options, dog waste bins and dog drinking water.
Top ten NTS dog-friendly properties
1. Balmacara Square, Highlands
2. Castle Fraser, Aberdeenshire
3. Barry Mill, Dundee & Angus
4. Mar Lodge Estate National Nature Reserve, Aberdeenshire
5. Drum Castle, Aberdeen City & Shire
6. Arduaine Garden, Argyll & the Isles
7. Craigievar Castle, Aberdeen City & Shire
8. Abertarff House, Highlands
9. Brodie Castle, Highlands
10. Brodie Castle, Garden & Country Park, Ayrshire
For details of these and other NTS properties, visit the National Trust for Scotland website