Elie and Earlsferry Chapel, c.1413: Open Virtual Worlds historic re-creation


01 September 2021
|
See Elie and Earlsferry Chapel as it would have looked in the early 15th century with this striking re-creation from Open Virtual Worlds.

The medieval chapel of Elie and Earlsferry overlooks the Forth estuary in south-east Fife. It was built in 1093 by MacDuff, earl of Fife. The POWIS Places of Worship database suggests that the chapel was adjoined by a medieval history that was founded in 1154 by Duncan, fourth earl of Fife.

The chapel ruins were studied by W. Wood in 1887 and his findings can be seen on the CANMORE database.

Advertisements

Elie & Earlsferry Chapel - c1413 from Open Virtual Worlds on Vimeo.

This Heritage Lottery Funded project was created by Open Virtual Worlds in conjunction with Elie and Earlsferry History Society.