04 November 2015
Discover the many links between Traquair House – Scotland's oldest inhabited house – and the Stewart Kings and Queens of Scotland in this special History Scotland video ...
Discover the many links between Traquair House – Scotland's oldest inhabited house – and the Stewart Kings and Queens of Scotland in this special video presented by tour guide Mary Kenny, which includes the last bed Mary Queen of Scots slept on in Scotland and the cradle in which the infant King James VI slept.
Find out more about the Stewarts in our souvenir magazine 'Scotland's Kings & Queens: The Stewarts' – available on our website.
Kings and Queens of Scotland: The Stewarts is a special standalone issue of History Scotland that presents the latest research and opinions on the lives and reigns of the Stewart monarchs.
Designed to be kept as a souvenir of this fascinating Royal House, the magazine takes the reader on a journey through some of Scotland’s most turbulent years, as a growing sense of nationhood developed.
Discover quirky and fascinating facts about the Stewart monarchs, and gain inspiration for days out and research trips through features which include:
· Five things you never knew about the Stewarts
· How James V made Stirling Castle into the perfect royal retreat
· A new look at a historic Stewart portrait in the collections of the National Galleries of Scotland
· Bizarre deaths of Stewart kings
· Stewart travel guide including castles, palaces, abbeys, churches, museums and galleries