Women’s History Month
Discover the stories of women who made their mark on Scottish history – from the medieval era through to the 20th-century with History Scotland's month-long celebration for International Women's Month.
Women’s History Month is a themed month on the History Scotland's website and social media which will run throughout March, featuring articles written by historians, curators, authors and museum professionals.
- The bravery of Marie de Guise, mother of Mary Queen of Scots
- Edinburgh women on the Front in World War I
- In the footsteps of Mary Queen of Scots – an extraordinary journey on horseback
- Miss Georgiana Fyfe - heroine of Girlguiding Scotland
- Isobel Wylie Hutchison – the first Scotswoman to set foot in Greenland
We’ll be sharing these stories on the website and social media and are inviting everyone to get involved, telling us about their own heroines with the hashtag #womenshistorymonth
(images copyright Edinburgh City Libraries and Glasgow Women's Library)