July / August 2019
19 digs and projects to get involved with this summer, new research on Margaret Tudor, a Scotsman at the 1919 Paris Peace Conference, plus lots of talk on tartan and bagpipes!
On Sale: 08/06/2019
Our Price: £4.50
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
The July/August issue of History Scotlandis packed full of the latest research news and in-depth reads from experts in the fields of Scottish history, heritage and archaeology, presenting exciting findings that you can’t read anywhere else.
- New findings on the life of Margaret Tudor and her queenship alongside James IV
- Captain Robert Pincarton: Darien national hero?
- Wild and Majestic: exclusive article on National Museum Scotland’s summer Romanticism exhibition
- A new assessment of the life and legacy of James Duncan, the little-known Scot at the 1919 Paris peace conference
- 19 archaeology digs and events to get involved in this summer!
Plus: The new research on postwar emigration, First Foresters Neolithic archaeology project and much more…