Discover the real story of Mary Queen of Scots with History Scotland’s limited edition souvenir magazine which explores the history behind the woman who became queen at six days old
... Read More >>
Discover the real story of Mary Queen of Scots with this limited edition souvenir magazine which explores the history behind the woman who became queen at six days old, was widowed at eighteen and went on to become one of Scotland’s most beguiling yet controversial monarchs.
Written by an expert team with a passion for the past, Mary Queen of Scots explores the story behind the new Mary Queen of Scots movie from Universal Pictures, with EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS with the film's director Josie Rourke, historian Dr John Guy whose books inspired the film, and actress Eileen O'Higgins who plays Mary Beaton. We also look at the real-life Mary and the challenging and dangerous situations with which she was faced during her reign and subsequent nineteen-year imprisonment.
Inside you can enjoy:
- Who’s who? Key players in the Mary Queen of Scots story
- Exclusive interviews with Josie Rourke, Dr John Guy and Eileen O'Higgins
- The five turning points in Mary's life
- Mary versus Elizabeth I – what were relations between the two queens really like?
- Mary Queen of Scots movie news and interviews
- Visit places connected to Mary's life
Mary Queen of Scots is available in both print and digital versions. Order the print version using the box above, or download the digital edition of the magazine here.
Film images: © FOCUS FEATURES LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.