Sep / Oct 2016
Hunting in Scotland, the isotope results from Viking Age cemeteries on the Orkney Isles and Isle of Lewis, PLUS a spotlight on the Hidden Kirkwall Project
... Read More >>
On Sale: 13 Aug 2016
Our September/October issue brings together the latest research and thinking from history and archaeology professionals across the country. Fascinating topics covered in this issue include:
- A look at the isotope results from Viking Age cemeteries on the Orkney Isles and Isle of Lewis, which shed new light on migration in the Viking era.
- An exploration of how hunting in Scotland gradually came to be viewed as an illegal activity, as 17th-century landowners began to protect the game on their land.
- How blind people survived and thrived in 19th-century Edinburgh.
- We continue our study of what prompted an entire Highland community to abandon its ancestral homeland for a new life in Canada in the mid 19th century.
- Spotlight on the Hidden Kirkwall Project.