31 October 2023
Six expert talks running throughout February 2024, from History Scotland and Family Tree.
What is Scottish Family History Month?
Now in its third year, Scottish Family History Month is hosted by Family Tree and History Scotland and brings together some of the best speakers from the world of Scottish family history.
Each of our six expert sessions comprises a 45-minute Zoom talk, followed by a 30-minute Q&A, during which you can submit your question(s) to the speaker.
Join us in February 2024 for expert talks from:
- Mary Evans: where did they live? Using maps for Scottish family history research
- Michelle Leonard: topic coming soon...
- Emma Maxwell: locating Scottish burial records
- Ken Nisbet: understanding and interpreting Scottish birth, marriage and death certificates
- Chris Paton: Scottish burgh and trade incorporation records
- Alison Spring: sailing to Philadelphia: where did my Scots ancestors go?