01 August 2023
Genealogists Graham and Emma Maxwell are planning another 16-hour Scottish genealogy extravaganza: the Scottish Indexes Conference will be held on 9 September 2023.
As always, this will be free to attend on Zoom and Facebook. The event starts at 7 am UK time on 9 September and continues until 11 pm UK time.
£400+ of history and heritage prizes to be won in the History Scotland summer giveaway. Enter HERE
Each presentation is shown twice: once between 7 am and 3 pm and then again between 3 pm and 11 pm UK time. You can come and go throughout the day and learn how to trace your family history from any timezone.
- Chris Paton, genealogist and author: ‘Tracing Your Belfast Ancestors’.
- Emma Maxwell, genealogist and co-founder of scottishindexes.com: ‘People Lie! How to unravel the truth when you are tracing your family history’.
- Alison Spring, genealogist at Scottish Ancestral Research: “Like All These Country Folks Very Stupid”: Glasgow Highlanders in the Poor Law Applications.
- Robert Urquhart of Abbotshall Palaeography: 'Scottish Tax Records for Genealogy and Local History'.
- Kate Keter, genealogist at Family Tree Tales: “The People of Cross House”.
- Margaret Fox, archivist at Traquair House: “Crimes of an Heinous Nature” – looking at some Scottish High Court Trials.
Following each presentation there will be a Q&A session with the presenter, as well as two longer general Q&A sessions throughout the day.
This is a free ‘timezone-friendly’ event. Find out more and register at Scottish Indexes.