08 June 2020
Jocelyn Grant, archivist at National Records Scotland, presents a range of online and paper-based resources for the history of the Forth Bridge.
The information below follows on from Jocelyn's article in the July/August issue of History Scotland.
- The Forth Bridges
- Network Rail, The History of the Forth Bridge
- UNESCO SITE
- Scottish Engineer Hall of Fame
- Bridges, structural steel work and mechanical engineering
- National Portrait Gallery
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Sir William Arrol: A Memoir by Sir Robert Purvis
The Sir William Arrol Collection: A Guide to International Material held in the National Monuments Record of Scotland by RCHAMS
The Forth Bridge: A Picture History by Sheila Mackay
The Forth Bridge: Nomination for Inclusion in the World Heritage List