23 January 2023
A new family history website goes live this week, dedicated to Haste Ye Back, a free online conference on settlement and migration to and from Scotland that will be held in April 2023.
The website provides online registration and gives information on the talks, speakers and arrangements for the conference. The site also has links to other useful organisations and a page of stories and images on the topic of emigration from Scotland. This free one-day online conference will take place on Saturday 22 April 2023, from 09.00 am to 5.00 pm BST.
The conference is the 33rd annual conference of the Scottish Association of Family History Societies (SAFHS). The event will be hosted by the Aberdeen and North East Scotland Family History Society (ANESFHS) in partnership with the Elphinstone Institute, part of Aberdeen University.For further information, please contact Elaine Petrie or Ivor Normand.
- Professor Marjory Harper (University of Aberdeen) – Emigration, emigrants and returners
- Dr Jackson Armstrong (University of Aberdeen) – Digitising Aberdeen’s medieval city records
- Dr Tom McKean (University of Aberdeen) – Family history interfacing with recorded history
- Nicholas Le Bigre (University of Aberdeen) – New family traditions in the north east
- Alasdair Macdonald (University of Strathclyde) - Using DNA in Family History Research
- Ken Nisbet - (SAFHS/Scottish Genealogical Society) – War Brides
- Alison Spring – Sailing to Philadelphia: Where Did My Scots Ancestors Go?
Register for the conference here.